I’m pleased to share with you my 2016 releases in gaming, fiction, and non-fiction. This year, my specific goal was to shore up my non-fiction to (hopefully) get more opportunities in that area. I also wanted to write some media/tie-in stories, to dip my toes back in before submitting my original work. Plus, I’ve been very happy to edit anthologies as well and enjoy doing that work.
A note about awards eligibility: I’d really appreciate it if you considered my work when you’re thinking about awards next year. It does mean a lot that you’re taking the time to think deeply about my art, and I do appreciate it. Thank you!
I published three short stories this year, and all of them were for established settings.
- “Redder Than Red”, ENDLESS AGES for Vampire: The Masquerade, 2016, Onyx Path Publishing
- “Suffering of the Unchosen”, TALES OF THE DARK ERAS, 2016, Onyx Path Publishing
- “My Enemy, Mi Amici”, DRAWING DESTINY: A Sixth World Tarot Anthology, 2016, Catalyst Game Labs
I also edited two anthologies as well. The first is a media/tie-in collection, and the second is an anthology I conceptualized that examines tropes through a literary lens.
- THE CAINITE CONSPIRACIES, Vampire: The Masquerade Dark Ages 20th Anniversary Edition, 2016, Onyx Path Publishing
- UPSIDE DOWN: Inverted Tropes in Storytelling, 2016, Apex Publications
The big release this year, was a reference book I wrote and helped design for the Firefly TV show. Jenny Lynn, the show’s translator, also lent her talents to answer questions in an interview, and to offer a definitive and thorough look at the Mandarin Chinese used in the show. Additionally, I also started a column for the SFWA about writing for games as well, and that column kicked off in November.
- THE GORRAMN SHINIEST LANGUAGE GUIDE AND PHRASEBOOK IN THE ‘VERSE, 2016, Titan Publishing
- “We Have Always Been Here, Motherfucker”, Uncanny Magazine, November 2016
I’ve been very happy and so pleased to add the legendary Dungeons & Dragons to my list of published games this year. So awesome!
- IN VOLO’S WAKE, Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition, 2016, Wizards of the Coast
- COURT OF SHADOWS, 2016, Catalyst Game Labs
- GHOULS & REVENANTS, Vampire: the Masquerade, 2016, Onyx Path/White Wolf Publishing
- DARK ERAS, Hunter: the Vigil “Doubting Souls”, 2016, Onyx Path/White Wolf Publishing
- CODEX INFERNUS, 2016, Gun Metal Games
- BATTLE FOR THE UNDERCITY for Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition, 2016, DMsguild.com (Self)