If you’ve been following my progress reports, you’ve probably seen a lot about Firefly – with good reason. This has been the primary focus for my efforts last year. In fact, it was SO busy, I mis-numbered my progress reports, so you get a retro version of all that’s been happening.
Last time, I mentioned I have a number of games and supplements in development. The ones listed here are either on my immediate “you must do this now” horizon, the second (or third) draft has been handed in, or it’s out in the wilds. I also pitched a video game, and hope to hear something back in a week or two on that.
- Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn RPG – Ironically, Mr. Sanderson was at Gen Con but we never connected. I haven’t received feedback yet, but my understanding is that this new supplement is still on the horizon.
- Echoes of War: Friends In Low Places – Will be running this at brand new Nexus convention in Milwaukee.
- Free Interactive Crew and Ship Sheets – Offered this for fans recently. Free download!
- Firefly RPG – Digital is out. Waiting for feedback on print.
- Echoes of War: Freedom Flyer – Debuted Winter 2013.
- Echoes of War: Bucking the Tiger – Next adventure in the hopper. We’re potentially looking at a May release for this one.
- Things Don’t Go Smooth – Planning a GenCon release for this one.
- Echoes of War: Volume 1 – Collects the first four Echoes of War releases into a print edition. Also looking at a GenCon release.
- Vampire the Masquerade: Red List – Working on it! Writing, writing, writing.
- Hunter the Vigil: Mortal Remains – Waiting approval right now. I wrote and designed the interstitial fiction for this supplement; I also edited this book.
- World of Darkness: Dark Eras – Wrote the Hunter: the Vigil supplement for this book for 1690s Colonial America. Waiting feedback on third draft prior to approval.
Lots going on here, but nothing new to announce just yet. I turned down a comic that…well, let’s just say the contract was not good.
ManZombie Standing – This came out! The anthology it’s featured in will be available at C2E2.
Nothing to announce just yet. I am focusing on long form, but have opened up to anthology invites.
This will be the last time you see a consulting update from me. I am continuing to work behind-the-scenes at Onyx Path Publishing, but I’ve since stepped down from my role with John Kovalic. Any support positions I take on will be invisible, primarily because I’m focused on writing and continuing to find work in that creative sphere. That doesn’t mean I won’t do consulting, it just means that in terms of highlighting all that I do, I’m focused on sharing what I write with readers like you. I’ve learned, the hard way I suppose, that there’s a difference between being in a support position and a creative one. The two don’t play well together reputation-wise.
Next time, though, I’ll talk about the conventions I’m attending. ‘Til then? Here you be!